Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What If My contractor Does Not Return My Call

What If My contractor Does Not Return My Call


This is one of the biggest problems in enterprise today. You have some work done on your home in good faith that the contractor knows what he is doing. When all is said and done you have a question that needs to be resolved as soon as possible. I well don't care how long it has been since the work was done. If you have a question the least that your contractor can do is write back the telephone.

Some fellowships go out of enterprise and others get to busy to write back to your problem. You will hear the old excuse "That's not my problem" or the ever favorite " I didn't do that". I have been in enterprise for over twenty years and had very few problems. Of policy I built things to last as long as possible.

Keep in mind that some contractors are a one man doing and they might be on vacation. Some contractors do not write back their phones over the week ends or after enterprise hours. So don't sink the ship to fast.

Do not call the Contractors Licensing Board or the better enterprise Bureau unless it has been at least a few working days. I would give it at least a week or so. Oh yeah don't assume that the contractor got your message. Call a few times at the least.

It has always made me mad when I have to fix person else's problems. I get the call when the other contractors won't respond. I listen to the home owner with regret for being in a enterprise where I am considered a crook. This is one of the reasons why contractors in my enterprise get out of it.

If you have the contractors address and they aren't responding by phone you can always send them a letter by certified mail. Invite a return receipt. That's your proof that the enterprise received your letter. Keep a copy for your files.

The good news for a home owner when a contractor will not write back to your calling them is the division of consumer Affairs. Most states have a complaint division of some sort that will listen to your complaints. Does this mean it will get resolved? No there are no guarantees here.

If your state has a licensing board for contractors, this will be your next step.

This will get your contractors attentiveness and there is a great opportunity they will write back now. If there are sufficient complaints against the contractor and they do nothing about them the contractors board will take their license away.

If your contractor does not write back after all of this. There is very little you can do about it. Hire person to fix the question and look at it as a very foremost chapter learned.

If your state doesn't have a contractors licensing board contact the better enterprise Bureau or your local government for their recommendation. Ask some of your friends if they have had any problems like this and how they handled them.




No comments:

Post a Comment