Saturday, July 2, 2011

Review Portnoys Complaint Book

The last time I used this book was read in the early 70  's. SAT  's in my library, yellowed pages, cover hanging by a thread, because more than 35 years. It has never seen a flea market or the bin donation. But for some reason I have it with me from house to house, and was longer than one of my husband. However, I moved hadn  't see each other until recently. I  'd forgotten what a fun ride.

 When this book came out, it was too hot to read the book. It has pushed theBag right over the edge to come in view of  "free love " attitude era.Alex Portnoy, a jew in their thirties and tried the handle with his life, gives a blow by blow catalog of his childhood, with its perfectly powerful stereo-typical Jewish parents, the use of yiddish expressions stunning rose very active (and very descriptive)  activity very early in his teenage years in his life, and relationships with several womenHe used and abused over the years.

 Alex is a character we love to hate. It is sometimes even angry (this may apply particularly to female readers), but as Roth  's the wonderful depth of Alex. Alex  's story takes place, as he unleashes his escapades on a  Dr.' s bed, with a strong spirit and a fun self-deprecating style. Sometimes it seems to set and go on a tangent, this is only the artificial bribes story.The return to the writing style perfectlya laugh in his face, joy strong.

 If I wrote the first play I read this, I would definitely go five star plus. Here and now in the 21 st Century, when only about what is happening, this material has not had enough impact in 1969. In addition to this, I still laugh out loud and can  't put it down, I like Alex  followed' s escapades over the years.

Portnoys Complaint Book

No comments:

Post a Comment